Our instruments’ high visual performance arises from
- ergonomic design of shapes and symbols to convey information at a single glance,
- high quality LCD display of wide viewing angle and manually adjustable brightness,
- anti-glare coating to assure high visual performance at any ambient lighting conditions.
Quality materials and workmanship
The components of our instruments were designed for durability:
- the casings are of anodised aluminium,
- the displays are protected by scratch-resistant anti-glare coated acrylic plates.
The instruments ore offered in two sizes:
- as single instruments (standard 80 mm display diameter),
- as quadruple instrument sets.
The instruments do not occupy much space in the panel. Their depth is no more than 35 mm.
Data is digitally transmitted between the instruments and the measurement modules. Digital transmission facilitates combining instruments into sets for easier assembly.
The instrument do not consume much power. The power demand of the complete Integrated Avionics System IAS AM1 (5 measurement modules and 5 displays) is <6.5 W.
The system analyses flight and engine parameters and immediately informs the pilot on crossing threshold values. Intuitive colour codes indicate the status of the aircraft at a glance. If the parameters stay within normal operating range, the display is green. If warning threshold is crossed, the display turns orange. If alarm threshold is crossed, the display turns red with flashing status diodes.
Data for maintenance
The system supports the pilot and the service engineer by recording the key operation data:
- engine operation time since last start and total engine operation time – to facilitate log book keeping,
- instances of the parameters’ crossing threshold values – to facilitate maintenance operations,
- engine operation statistics on the engine parameters' being close to threshold values – to help prevent failures.
The system was designed with the thought of its prospective development. Currently, the Integrated Avionics System IAS comprises the Flight Data System FLS and the Engine Data System EDS. In the near future, we intend to expand them by adding
- Artificial horizon,
- Electronic compass,
- Backup battery,
- Flight data recorder,
- Engine control system.